A report published today by Reuters states that Qualcomm plans to ask courts in China to extend the ban to Apple’s 2018 models. That would include the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR; all three come with iOS 12 out of the box, and Apple says that its latest models were not included in the importation and sales ban ordered by the court. Nonetheless, Qualcomm’s attorney representing the company in this matter, Jiang Hongyi, says, “We plan to use the same patents to file suit against the three new iPhone models.”

The judge who made the decision not to order a U.S. import ban on the iPhone, Administrative law judge Thomas Pender, has retired and is no longer a member of the tribunal. A decision is expected to be made before February 19th, 2019.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

The Huawei P30 Pro could use Sony’s 38MP IMX607 image sensor

The arrival of the Huawei P20 Pro earlier this year showed the…

Epic Games to offer Android titles on its own store next year; company will take 12% of revenues

Fortnite creator Epic Games certainly hit a grand slam with the game.…

Apple confirms four-day Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping event

It’s no secret that Apple is running Black Friday and Cyber Monday…

Samsung Galaxy M10 certification suggests release is imminent

Samsung may be done with the Galaxy J series but that doesn’t…