Image via Natee Meepian / Shutterstock.com
It’s not like it would ever happen, but if an alien were to visit Earth and asked you to sum up 2018, you could show it this list of most popular Instagram posts.
This year was a roller-coaster for the entertainment world, and its defining moments can be perceived through the most engaging images on social media.
Surprisingly, the majority of 2018’s most ‘liked’ photos are Instagram’s most popular ever. In a list culled on Wikipedia, 17 out of 20 of the social network’s top posts ever were from 2018.
Five of 2018’s top 10 spots were awarded to Kylie Jenner and her daughter, Stormi Webster. The two also took this year’s throne of photo with the highest engagement.
Have a look at the six most ‘liked’ photos on Instagram for this year, and view the platform’s top 20 ever here.
6. Cristiano Ronaldo’s announcement of his move to Juventus football club (12,286,480 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
5. Late rapper XXXTentacion’s final photo before he passed away (12,916,128 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
4. Ariana Grande’s tribute to ex Mac Miller, who passed on in September (12,834,654 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
3. Kylie Jenner cradling one-month-old Stormi Webster (13,066,832 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
2. Justin Bieber’s confirmation of his engagement to Hailey Baldwin (13,358,624 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
1. Kylie Jenner’s first photo of baby Stormi Webster (18,040,486 ‘likes’ at time of publish)[via Her, images via various sources]